In my backyard I have a Mexican lime tree that is on overload in producing the small yellow limes. They are extremely juicy and combined with one of my favorite herbs cilantro, makes for a great marinade for a grilled steak. I like to score the steak prior to marinating so when it grills all the edges raise and get that crispy, caramelized BBQ goodness.
Cilantro Lime Skirt Steak
- 10-12 Mexican lines juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeño rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb skirt steak
- In a food processor add the quartered onion, juiced limes, cilantro, oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper and jalapeños. Blend this mixture until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a Ziploc bag and add the skirt steak pieces. Zip up and let marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Grill to your desired liking and serve with rice and a fresh salad.