I usually like to double this recipe, freeze half and eat the rest. These are amazingly good, with a rich chocolate taste and chewy goodness from the marshmallow and oats.
Instead of individual cookies you can also spread this on 2 buttered and floured jelly roll pans and make sheet cookies. This adds a few more minutes of cooking time. Just check with a toothpick inserted in center and if it comes out dry they are done.
Preheat the oven to 350˚. Allow to cool before devouring.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans or peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- In a large saucepan melt the chocolate pieces, marshmallows and water over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Next pour this into a Kitchen Aid mixer and add remaining ingredients except the oats and pecans. Turn on low and blend. If you don't have a mixer doing this by hand is a workout, but the payoff is an amazing cookie!
- Next slowly add the oats and pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.