This Post is Sponsored by Farmer John.
I love a good chili cheese dog, all warm, cheese melted, lots of savory beef chili and a hot dog with a good snap when bitten into. Now double the cheese and chili and stuff it in a french baguette and slice it up to serve and you have my Chili Cheese Dog Stuffed Bread!
I’m excited that today’s post is sponsored by my friends over at Farmer John. Kevin Is Cooking has been compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.
Chili Cheese Dog Stuffed Bread
This Chili Cheese Dog Stuffed Bread is outta this world easy to make and so, so good! Now I’m a BIG fan of Farmer John breakfast sausages, so when they asked to collaborate, I checked out their line of beefy hot dogs and am I impressed! Juicy, flavorful and perfect for a chili cheese dog idea I had.
Whether you’re having a backyard BBQ or summer picnic, or heading off to a beach day or long hike, Farmer John has you covered all summer long with their collection of products including hot dogs, smoked sausage, bacon and lunchmeat.
The extra hours of daylight now mean spending more time enjoying the fresh outdoors and less time in my kitchen, which is why this recipe is so quick and simple to put together – and can even be taken on-the-go.
It’s great for any beach outing or picnic, just wrap it in aluminum foil to stay warm, it’s even great for backyard parties and with the kids out for summer break, a great, fast lunch!
How to make my Chili Cheese Dog Stuffed Bread
- preheat your oven to 350°F
- hollow out a French baguette
- add a layer of chili, cheese slice, grilled Farmer John Beef Franks, more cheese and top with chili
- bake for 15 minutes until melted and heated through
- slice and serve
These are so good!
If you’re looking for a great chili recipe, try my Original Tommy’s Chili (Copycat recipe) and if you need an idea for the bread you pulled from the inside of that loaf, try my Portuguese Bread and Garlic Soup.
Farmer John products can be found and are available at local grocery stores including Smart & Final, Stater Brothers Markets, Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons, and Northgate.
Hope these make your days and dinners easier! Enjoy!
Thanks again to Farmer John for sponsoring today’s post and thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Kevin Is Cooking possible.
Chili Cheese Dog Stuffed Bread
- 2 French baguette (See Note 1)
- 8 Farmer John Beef Franks
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 15 oz can of chili (See Note 2)
- Preheat oven or grill to 350°F.
- Either allow Farmer John Beef Franks to come to room temperature or grill them (optional)
- Using a sharp knife slice a "V" shape lengthwise on the top of the French baguette bread. With your hand, remove the bread inside to create a boat. (See Note 1)
- Place baguettes on a lined baking sheet. Spoon half of the chili on the inside bottom of each baguette. Layer 4 slices of cheddar cheese lengthwise, then place 4 franks lengthwise in each. Top each frank with half a slice of cheese and more chili.
- Bake, or grill with lid closed, for 15 minutes until cheese is melted, bread is crispy and franks are heated through. Slice and serve with more chili.
- After you hollow out the bread save the top crust and inside bread and toast later for croutons for salads or use in my Portuguese Bread and Garlic Soup.
- Use whatever is your favorite chili, but I highly recommend my Original Tommy's Chili (Copycat recipe), it's fantastic on these!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Great recipe indeed. SO lovely & yummy to look. Hope it’ll be great to make.
Thanks so much Janet!
What a great idea Kevin! Chili cheese dogs happen to be my fave!
Chili cheese dogs for everyone! 🙂
Hey Kevin! I love a good chili cheese dog and these look great! I really like the baguette as I find regular hot dog buns gummy and they get so soggy. And you can cut this into any size you want, small as a appetizer or as big as you want! Great party food, even for a party of two!
I love your thinking Dorothy! 🙂
Making these decadents delicious chili dogs in a hollowed out baguette is such a great idea, Kevin! These are perfect for the 4th!!
Thanks Marissa, super easy and who doesn’t love hand held snacking? Cheers! 🙂
Get out!?! Chili cheese dog stuffed BREAD!? I mean, just when I thought fluffy carbs couldn’t get any better! 😉 This looks outrageously delicious, Kevin! PERFECT for the 4th of July!
Hahaha! Loves it! Haver a fantastic 4th holiday my dear! 🙂