Another winner using pantry spices like white pepper, chili powder and paprika, this Chicken Lazone is super tender, loaded with flavor and the cream sauce to die for. Served over noodles to soak up the delicious sauce, this is on the table in under 30 minutes.
Rumored to have come from Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans, but who knows it’s true origin, this Chicken Lazone is one of my favorites for quick and tasty, on the table in under 30 minutes kind of meals.
The seasoning is quickly made using pantry spices like white pepper, chili powder, garlic and onion powders and paprika. How easy, right?
The chicken gets rubbed with the spice blend and pan fried.
The pan gets deglazed with cream and the browned bits are scraped up and the sauce reduces and thickens.
And that sauce! I’m telling you it’s amazing. I typically serve this over pasta noodles or mashed potatoes with the sauce poured over.
I’ve also been know to sop up extra sauce with bread, so whatever you like, be ready to enjoy a delicious meal and serve it up in mere minutes.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup heavy cream (See Note 1)
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, onion and chili powders with the paprika, salt and white pepper. Reserve 2 teaspoons and set aside.
- If chicken breasts are large, split by cutting each horizontally to butterfly and create two pieces. Season both sides of each chicken piece in a large bowl, pressing spice mixture with your hands to adhere. Reserve any leftover spice mix for the sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and sauté chicken several minutes each side to brown. Cook in batches to not over crowd if necessary.
- Remove chicken from the pan, cover and keep it warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain. In a bowl, toss pasta with some olive oil and half of the chopped parsley. Set aside and keep covered.
- Add the reserved spice mix to the sauté pan and cook for a minute. Add the cream, stirring to mix and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cook to reduce by half and sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve chicken over pasta dressed with olive oil an seasoned with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over all and sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
- Feel free to substitute Half and Half cream for heavy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.