Another winner using pantry spices like white pepper, chili powder and paprika, this Chicken Lazone is super tender, loaded with flavor and the cream sauce to die for. Served over noodles to soak up the delicious sauce, this is on the table in under 30 minutes.
Rumored to have come from Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans, but who knows it’s true origin, this Chicken Lazone is one of my favorites for quick and tasty, on the table in under 30 minutes kind of meals.
The seasoning is quickly made using pantry spices like white pepper, chili powder, garlic and onion powders and paprika. How easy, right?
The chicken gets rubbed with the spice blend and pan fried.
The pan gets deglazed with cream and the browned bits are scraped up and the sauce reduces and thickens.
And that sauce! I’m telling you it’s amazing. I typically serve this over pasta noodles or mashed potatoes with the sauce poured over.
I’ve also been know to sop up extra sauce with bread, so whatever you like, be ready to enjoy a delicious meal and serve it up in mere minutes.
For other tasty dinners, try my Paprika Pork Schnitzel, Chicken Tortellini Dijon Alfredo, Easy Chicken Tamale Pie or this Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup heavy cream (See Note 1)
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, onion and chili powders with the paprika, salt and white pepper. Reserve 2 teaspoons and set aside.
- If chicken breasts are large, split by cutting each horizontally to butterfly and create two pieces. Season both sides of each chicken piece in a large bowl, pressing spice mixture with your hands to adhere. Reserve any leftover spice mix for the sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and sauté chicken several minutes each side to brown. Cook in batches to not over crowd if necessary.
- Remove chicken from the pan, cover and keep it warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain. In a bowl, toss pasta with some olive oil and half of the chopped parsley. Set aside and keep covered.
- Add the reserved spice mix to the sauté pan and cook for a minute. Add the cream, stirring to mix and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cook to reduce by half and sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve chicken over pasta dressed with olive oil an seasoned with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over all and sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
- Feel free to substitute Half and Half cream for heavy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Are the nutrition facts you posted for 1 serving or the entire dish? I love this recipe and I’m just trying to make it work for my diet.
It’s for 4 servings Stephanie! Enjoy!
love this recipe have used it many times.
I am glad you enjoy it enough to make it over and over again!
Do you have to use linguini?
Feel free to use another pasta if you prefer! Let me know how you enjoy it!
I made this last night and it was delicious! Even my picky eater liked it. I only used 1 lb. chicken breast and sliced it into 4 filets. I probably should have pounded them or maybe I cooked them too long because they were a bit tough and dry but drenched in that sauce they were fine. I used butter instead of olive oil..I read several variations of this recipe on line and I saw that many readers suggested smoked paprika which I used. The spice mixture was exactly the right amount for coating and adding to sauce. I noticed… Read more »
thank you for sharing! I am glad you enjoyed the recipe!
I made this for my family and they all enjoyed it very much – thanks. Only negative was that we felt the salt was a little heavy. Easy enough to reduce it for next time.
Thank you for the feedback! If you adjust let me know next time!
This dish blew my wife away. That’s as good of a compliment as you’ll ever get! Great flavors in a delicious dish!
So happy you both enjoyed this Dave. Thanks for taking the time to come back and let me know, too. 🙂
Awesome dish!!! I serve it over baked broccoli. It’s def one of my favorites.
A bit of a learning curve with my first two tries; too rapacious with the salt.
The flavors are great and my husband always licks the plate clean!!!
LOVE to read comments like this. Thanks for taking the time to come back and let me know, too Jessica. 🙂
I made this last night and served it over baked Yukon gold potatoes that I smashed and sprinkled with parsley. Really, really good and easy-peasy! Definitely a keeper!
So glad you enjoyed this one Eva. Thanks for taking the time to come back and let me know.
Well, I’m sure curious to try this chicken. Don’t think I’ve ever cooked something like this before!
Hope you give this a try Sean. Good stuff and a quick meal. Cheers!
I’ve pinned this recipe, it looks great.
Super easy, very tasty… be sure to have crusty bread on hand too for sopping up that sauce Karen! 🙂
That cream sauce looks fantastic Kevin! All my favorite spices! Need to try!
Thanks Mary Ann, so good. This is great over rice too. 🙂
I’ve never heard of chicken lazone before, and clearly I have been missing out! It looks insanely delicious and I’m loving the spices! PLUS, it can be ready in 30 minutes or less?!? SIGN ME UP! Pinning to try! Cheers!
I always love to share a quite and tasty chicken dinner. Thanks Chey! 🙂