I love a quick meal that doesn’t leave you too full, has no “side dish” which usually is carbs, and tastes fresh and clean. Chinese food is usually my go to choice and here is a simple and tasty dish! With the wonderful black bean paste as a flavoring agent this hits the spot.
Black Bean Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb round steak cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp black bean paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 red green bell pepper each, chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped in half, then sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a mixing bowl add the first eight ingredients and set aside for 15 minutes to marinade.
- Chop the vegetables in the meantime into bite sized pieces and heat a wok until several drops of water skip and steam when thrown in the pan - it's ready!
- Brown the meat quickly in the oil and stir often. Next, add the vegetables and stir to coat evenly and begin to cook for several minutes. Add the broth/cornstarch mixture to the wok and stir quickly as sauce will begin to thicken.
- Serve with rice if you want but this is good on it's own.