This sweet and savory Baked Barbecue Mango Chicken is so easy to put together, uses your favorite BBQ sauce, fresh mango chunks and gets a little kick from a diced jalapeño. Baked and caramelized, this baked chicken recipe is perfect with a side or on top of salad greens.
Barbecue Mango Chicken
This no fuss, super easy to make dinner is great for when time is tight. Chicken breasts get brushed with you favorite barbecue sauce, fresh or frozen (thawed) mango chunks get scattered over along with a diced jalapeño for a kiss of heat and a drizzle of honey to balance it all out.
Baked so no grilling is needed, this is on the dinner table in 40 minutes.
Typically I think mangoes and chicken go the way of a curry, but with a barbecue sauce it’s such a wonderful combination.
You know I love the heat and this diced jalapeño adds that little something.
Feel free to omit, but it’s fantastic and gets mellow when baked with the fruit, barbecue sauce and honey.
Baking and having that chicken covered with all that tasty goodness means a tender and juicy chicken.
Serve it over rice, or with a salad or veggies. Either way I know you’re going to love this Baked Barbecue Mango Chicken.
Mango BBQ Baked Chicken
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce separated
- 12 oz mango chunks fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Seed and dice the jalapeño.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and brush on 2/3 cup of the barbecue sauce. Top with mango chunks and diced jalapeño. Drizzle honey over all and bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Remove chicken to serving platter and add remaining barbecue sauce to cooking juices, mangoes and chiles, mixing to thicken, and spoon over chicken.