Apple Cranberry Chutney- The sweet and tart flavor of the cranberries and Honey Crisp Apple combined with a touch of spice from the ginger is the perfect condiment for any grilled meat dish.
I paired it with a delicious meal of Roasted Potatoes with Prosciutto, Rosemary and Chives and an Ginger Spice Brined Pork Loin Chop.
Peel, core and dice the Honey Crisp apple, making sure to be about the same size as the cranberries to cook evenly. Place the apples, cranberries, fresh ginger, cinnamon, sugar, the lemon juice and the zest in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
After it comes to a boil the cranberries should begin to burst. Lower the heat to simmer, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes until thickened.
Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Serve at room temperature or cold as a condiment to grilled pork or chicken.
Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 large Honey Crisp Apple diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine cranberries, apples, ginger, cinnamon, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer and begins to breakdown and thicken, 5-6 minutes. Some of the cranberries will burst, try to keep it a little chunky for a more rustic chutney.
- Let cool completely.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.