For my Alabama Style Chicken Sandwich you have tender, shredded chicken that’s been tossed with Alabama White sauce and topped with dill pickles all on a toasted and buttered hamburger bun.
Alabama White Sauce is a tangy, mayonnaise based white sauce. It’s also know as White BBQ Sauce.
As for this sandwich, it could not be easier to put together and the flavor is so good.
You could use shredded rotisserie chicken, but I highly recommend using some leftover from my BBQ Spatchcock Chicken.
Layers of flavors make for better meals. 🙂
Alabama White Sauce has horseradish, apple cider vinegar, mustard, black pepper and a little cayenne in it.
This is a tangy, lip smacking and fun change that can be used on your next batch of smoked or grilled chicken instead of other BBQ sauces.
Alabama Style Chicken Sandwich
- In a bowl add the shredded chicken and Alabama White Sauce. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Toast the hamburger buns until golden brown. Spread butter on (optional).
- Place 1 cup of the chicken mixture on the bottom of a bun, top with 4 dill pickle slices and place top bun half on top.
- Serve 2 sandwiches per person.
- I like to use my BBQ Spatchcocked chicken that has been basted with the Alabama White Sauce while smoking and shred it. Feel free to use rotisserie chicken if you like.