The other night we had some friends over who love to cook and eat as much as we do. Everyone had a dish to bring and prepare for the feast. This is one of several dishes that Jeff made that was really very good. I especially loved how the bleu cheese melted and mixed so well with the mustard dressing and bacon!
I was skeptical at first when he first mentioned making this, but have learned to always try something at least once. I know I will be making this salad again.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms
- 1 large Napa Cabbage
- 1 cup Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1 small package of Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- When the bacon is cold, cut into small pieces, it's easier to handle.
- In a large sauté pan render the bacon and when almost cooked add the mushrooms, toss to coat with bacon fat and slow cook for several minutes.
- Add the Honey Mustard salad dressing and cook for several minutes.
- Wash and chop the cabbage, let drain and place in a large bowl. Pour the bleu cheese crumbles over the cabbage.
- Next pour the hot mustard, bacon and mushroom mixture over the cabbage and bleu cheese and toss well to incorporate. The cabbage wilts nicely and the flavors are amazing. Serve immediately.