I was feeling like something grilled that had a really flavorful ethnic taste and went to my neighborhood international market. I realize not everyone has this luxury, but most of these ingredients you can pick up from any market. Grilled lamb burgers with tzatziki on the side with steamed rice and tabbouleh rounded out the meal.
- 1 large peeled cucumber, quartered, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup (packed) finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon plus pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk the yogurt, mint, lemon juice, cumin, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve with grilled meats.