These Roasted Pears with Almond Paste and Brown Sugar are made in just 20 minutes and the flavor is so rich, the texture of the pears stay firm and with a sprinkle of shaved almonds and pomegranate arils, is a beauty to present for any night, or even a dinner party dessert. Maybe not everyone wants a slice of pie for dessert this holiday?
Instead of a quick snack or cold, chopped in a salad, pears are great roasted for a sweet dessert, too. Usually I opt for just brown sugar and butter on roasted pears, but these get a special additional ingredient of shaved almond paste. Interested?
The Fall air outside here is crisp and almost takes my breath away in the mornings when the boys and I go for our run at the park. Whether you make this is for breakfast or dessert, what better way to relax with this simple, flavorful dish and a cup of coffee.
This time of year the pears out at the markets are so ripe and beautiful! It may be summertime in your part of the world, or winter like here in San Diego, but this is a good one anytime of year whenever ripe pears are available.
Roasting them is another great way to enjoy them and with shaved, crumbled almond taste this fruit gets a step up in flavor town. Roasted with butter, brown sugar and a layer of almond paste underneath, these are a quick and easy dish that is sure to impress.
The roasting juices turn into a thick and syrupy sauce that is basted over the roasted pears before serving.
I topped them off with some pomegranate arils and shaved almonds prior to serving for an extra special touch. Festive and quite delicious I think.
I hope you give these Roasted Pears with Almond Paste a try this coming holiday or anytime for that matter. Enjoy!
- 3 in pears cored and sliced half, 1 per person
- 6 tbsp almond paste
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Set oven temperature to 400°F. Spray a round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grate the almond paste using a cheese grater and spread on bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cut butter on top of almond paste.
- Place pears cut side down on top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon almond paste brown sugar sauce on top of pears. Serve cut side up and spoon sauce over with a sprinkle of slivered almonds and pomegranate arils.