How does a no bake dessert sound that is gluten free? Well I’m here to assist in that! These easy to make No Bake Gluten Free Chai Berry Bars are made with healthy almonds and oats and kissed with a chai spice to accent Spring’s fresh berries. A perfect healthy dessert or snack anytime.
I’ve been working on this no bake dough for a lemon bar recipe for a while now and I think I have it. Although with all of the amazing blueberries and fresh strawberries I picked up the other morning at the Farmers Market I had to switch it up for these No Bake Gluten Free Chai Berry Bars.
These will not disappoint, a great sweet tooth fix and made with fresh ingredients, too. Instead of using a flour based dough and baking it like I do for my Strawberry Lemon Bars I opted to make a gluten free version and it’s no bake, too.
I use almond meal, which is basically ground almonds, sometimes called almond flour. Along with almond butter, oats, honey and a whirl in the food processor these came together in no time and after refrigerating the dough it was good to spread with the fruit jam.
I opted to flavor the berries with chai spice. After a recent visit to the land of chai I felt it a nice nod. It works beautifully with the berries, a yin and yang of flavors, which is balanced with the almond and oat dough. I use Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix, but feel free to use whatever brand you like. I am not being compensated by them, just a great, tasty product.
I also tried this without the chai and if it’s not your thing, simply omit. I loved it! My first couple attempts found the fruit filling in need of a thickener and the cornstarch worked just fine.
Besides making the dough in less then 5 minutes, the cooking process of making the jam is 15 minutes. With a 30 minute refrigerator chill to firm up and these take no time at all to make. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar prior to serving and you’re set.
I keep them refrigerated in an airtight container for snacking. I hope you enjoy them!
These easy to make No Bake Gluten Free Chai Berry Bars are made with healthy almonds and oats and kissed with a chai spice to accent Spring's fresh berries. A perfect healthy dessert or snack anytime.
- 2 cups almond meal ground almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ghee butter or coconut oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- Chai Berry Jam:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 4 tbsp Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- In saucepan over low heat, simmer berries until broken down and thickened, about 12-15 minutes. After 10 minutes stir in cornstarch and chai spice. Continue stirring often until thickened. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- In food processor, blend together the almond meal, almond butter, oats, honey, coconut oil and salt.
- Press nut mixture into bottom of 9x9" parchment lined baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spread berry mixture on top of nut dough and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Cut into bars and serve.
- Keep refrigerated in a airtight container or covered dish.
Besides making the dough in less then 5 minutes, the cooking process of making the jam is 15 minutes. With a 30 minute refrigerator chill to firm up these take no time at all to make.