I named this one after my sister-in-law Kerry, my partner Dave’s twin. On her and her husband Tom’s last visit she made this salad that hit all the right buttons. There are no lettuce leaves in this one! It has vegetables, fruit and avocado added with the dressing to make it creamy and boy is it a hit in our house.
We have it on it’s own, with roasted chicken or grilled fish. In this recipe I used the white meat from a Costco Roasted Chicken and saved the carcass for chicken stock and the dark meat for another meal.
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 red, yellow, orange and green bell pepper each
- ½ red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 pear
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 carrots
- ½ bunch chives
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- PONTI - Glassa Gastronomica
- a balsamic syrup (thicker then the default vinegar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all vegetables, pear and chives into bite size pieces.
- Score the inside of each avocado with a sharp knife. Make sure not to puncture the skin and poke your hand with the blade tip. Make ¼" vertical and horizontal cuts. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado dice and add to a small bowl with the salad dressing. Stir to mix lightly and get creamy. Do not over stir, leave chunks.
- Pour the avocado dressing mix over the chopped vegetables, add nuts and stir to combine.
- Place in individual bowls, top with a drizzle of PONTI - Glassa Gastronomica Balsamic Syrup and enjoy.