Arrabbiata Sauce is a wonderfully rich, zesty and spicy tomato sauce made from crushed tomatoes, red wine, garlic and red pepper flakes that is slowly simmered with herbs and onions. Perfect for over any pasta and meatballs.
I love my Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce served over fresh coked pasta and my Roman Meatballs. A classic that I’m sure you will really like. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 28- ounce can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame and add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the wine, tomato paste, sugar, Italian Seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and sauté for 2 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and simmer until reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. Season the sauce with more salt to taste. Stir in fresh chopped parsley and use over any pasta dish or meatballs.