Caramelized Onion Bacon Cheese Dip. Perfect game day and party snacking right here. When some caramelized onions mix with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon, Sriracha and then meet up with 3 different cheeses, it ends up being one killer appetizer to spread on toasted bread slices or crackers!
Oh did I mention the crumbled bacon in and on top? Game on!
Always thinking of new appetizers and doing plenty of taste tests, my thoughts are you’re going to like this one.
What’s great about this Bacon Onion Cheese Dip is that you most probably already have these ingredients on hand in your pantry. It comes together quickly and delivers that big time flavor that’s sure to please as any party’s appetizer should.
Think bacon, cheese and rich caramelized, savory onions all wrapped up into one delicious dip. This is the one and you’re gonna love it.
Some might even call this a spreadable dip, but whatever you want to call this, it’s amazing. Maybe this will have to make your list of appetizers for some Sunday football this weekend! If dips are on the Game Day appetizer table, check out this Beef Queso Dip or my Roasted Garlic, Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Enjoy!
Caramelized onions are mixed with savory pantry ingredients like balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Sriracha, then blended with a cream cheese mixture. Topped with crumbled bacon, this is a perfect party appetizer served with toasted bread or chips.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon style mustard
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt the butter and add the onions. Cook for 10 minutes and lower heat too simmer. Onions should be golden brown and caramelizing. Add the balsamic, sugar, Dijon style mustard and Sriracha. Stir to mix in and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, place in a bowl allow to cool.
- In same skillet render the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on pepper towels. Crumble and set aside.
Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and cheeses to food processor and pulse several times to break down. Add onion mixture, half of the bacon and pulse several times to incorporate. Season to taste.
Place onion cheese mixture in a serving dish. Top with remaining crumbled bacon and serve with chips or toasted bread slices.
If refrigerated, place in microwave and blast for 30 seconds and stir until desired consistency.